February 5, 2013 Headlines: American factory orders increase, problems plague many aspects of Chinese manufacturing, and more...
New York Times: American factories saw increased orders in December, following November's decrease.
WSJ: Factory closings in the U.S. have declined, but factory openings have declined faster.
Reuters: Don't mistake China's January trade numbers as clear sign of recovery.
WSJ: China's construction-manufacturing sector in disarray.
New York Times: Factories not just heavily polluting China's drinking water, also depleting it.
CFR (blog): Harvard professors create concise, compelling case for why American manufacturing matters.
The Hill: $5T free trade deal with EU still a possibility.
Foreign Policy: WTO members doing free trade incorrectly.
Washington Post: Market access barriers thwart plans of American businesses to invest in China.
Related recent Blogs
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013