February 3, 2011 Headlines: 50K Manufacturing Jobs Added, Merkel in China, and More
The economy added 243,000 jobs in January, including 50,000 in manufacturing. Coverage from the BLS, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, AP, The Hill, and Yglesias.
WSJ: Angela Merkel visits Beijing and takes a hard stance.
Yahoo: Playing a part in Donald Trump’s endorsement of Mitt Romney: China.
WSJ: Government policy can’t change the slowing of factory hiring? Wanna bet?
MB: A tour of China’s “ghost coast.”
Related recent Blogs
- A Boy Scout badge in advanced manufacturing? • by TGarland • 03/10/2014
- March 10, 2014: Making moves for manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 03/10/2014
- Donald Trump addresses CPAC crowds on key AAM issues • by LRaup • 03/07/2014
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014