February 3, 2011 Headlines: 50K Manufacturing Jobs Added, Merkel in China, and More
The economy added 243,000 jobs in January, including 50,000 in manufacturing. Coverage from the BLS, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, AP, The Hill, and Yglesias.
WSJ: Angela Merkel visits Beijing and takes a hard stance.
Yahoo: Playing a part in Donald Trump’s endorsement of Mitt Romney: China.
WSJ: Government policy can’t change the slowing of factory hiring? Wanna bet?
MB: A tour of China’s “ghost coast.”
Related recent Blogs
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- August 11, 2014: Chinese Textile Manufacturing ... in the Carolinas • by mmcmullan • 08/11/2014