February 3, 2011 Headlines: 50K Manufacturing Jobs Added, Merkel in China, and More
The economy added 243,000 jobs in January, including 50,000 in manufacturing. Coverage from the BLS, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, AP, The Hill, and Yglesias.
WSJ: Angela Merkel visits Beijing and takes a hard stance.
Yahoo: Playing a part in Donald Trump’s endorsement of Mitt Romney: China.
WSJ: Government policy can’t change the slowing of factory hiring? Wanna bet?
MB: A tour of China’s “ghost coast.”
Related recent Blogs
- Faribault Woolen Mill Thriving in its Third Century of Business • by elizabethbb • 08/01/2014
- August 1, 2014: The Rare, Solid Manufacturing Jobs Report • by mmcmullan • 08/01/2014
- Manufacturing sector adds 28,000 jobs in July: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 08/01/2014
- New "Gigafactory" set to create thousands of jobs in the U.S. • by TGarland • 07/31/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Will This Be the Week for the Highway Trust Fund? • by elizabethbb • 07/28/2014
- July 25, 2014: What We're Watching • by mmcmullan • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014