February 3, 2011 Headlines: 50K Manufacturing Jobs Added, Merkel in China, and More
The economy added 243,000 jobs in January, including 50,000 in manufacturing. Coverage from the BLS, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, AP, The Hill, and Yglesias.
WSJ: Angela Merkel visits Beijing and takes a hard stance.
Yahoo: Playing a part in Donald Trump’s endorsement of Mitt Romney: China.
WSJ: Government policy can’t change the slowing of factory hiring? Wanna bet?
MB: A tour of China’s “ghost coast.”
Related recent Blogs
- Will This Be the Week for the Highway Trust Fund? • by elizabethbb • 07/28/2014
- July 25, 2014: What We're Watching • by mmcmullan • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014
- Yellen: Infrastructure Funding Would "Counter" Economic Headwinds • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014