February 29, 2012 Headlines: Romney wins MI, Manufacturing Expands, Stock Markets Up, and More
NYT: Mitt Romney wins his home state of Michigan, despite his opposition to the Auto Rescue in 2008.
WSJ: Manufacturing expanded in the Mid-Atlantic region in February.
TIME: An increase in fuel prices could help domestic manufacturers due to shorter supply chains.
WSJ: The Hang Seng in Hong Kong is one of the best performing stock markets this year.
The Hill: Meanwhile, the Dow Jones Industrial Average managed to close above 13,000 for the first time since 2008.
WSJ: For the first time, Chinese citizens are able to move yuan outside the country.
AP: Rescue efforts have stopped after a chemical plant in China suffered an explosion.
WSJ: Don’t worry, the slowdown in equipment orders is just temporary.
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013