February 29, 2012 Headlines: Romney wins MI, Manufacturing Expands, Stock Markets Up, and More
NYT: Mitt Romney wins his home state of Michigan, despite his opposition to the Auto Rescue in 2008.
WSJ: Manufacturing expanded in the Mid-Atlantic region in February.
TIME: An increase in fuel prices could help domestic manufacturers due to shorter supply chains.
WSJ: The Hang Seng in Hong Kong is one of the best performing stock markets this year.
The Hill: Meanwhile, the Dow Jones Industrial Average managed to close above 13,000 for the first time since 2008.
WSJ: For the first time, Chinese citizens are able to move yuan outside the country.
AP: Rescue efforts have stopped after a chemical plant in China suffered an explosion.
WSJ: Don’t worry, the slowdown in equipment orders is just temporary.
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013