February 29, 2012 Headlines: Romney wins MI, Manufacturing Expands, Stock Markets Up, and More
NYT: Mitt Romney wins his home state of Michigan, despite his opposition to the Auto Rescue in 2008.
WSJ: Manufacturing expanded in the Mid-Atlantic region in February.
TIME: An increase in fuel prices could help domestic manufacturers due to shorter supply chains.
WSJ: The Hang Seng in Hong Kong is one of the best performing stock markets this year.
The Hill: Meanwhile, the Dow Jones Industrial Average managed to close above 13,000 for the first time since 2008.
WSJ: For the first time, Chinese citizens are able to move yuan outside the country.
AP: Rescue efforts have stopped after a chemical plant in China suffered an explosion.
WSJ: Don’t worry, the slowdown in equipment orders is just temporary.
Related recent Blogs
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014