February 29, 2012 Headlines: Romney wins MI, Manufacturing Expands, Stock Markets Up, and More
NYT: Mitt Romney wins his home state of Michigan, despite his opposition to the Auto Rescue in 2008.
WSJ: Manufacturing expanded in the Mid-Atlantic region in February.
TIME: An increase in fuel prices could help domestic manufacturers due to shorter supply chains.
WSJ: The Hang Seng in Hong Kong is one of the best performing stock markets this year.
The Hill: Meanwhile, the Dow Jones Industrial Average managed to close above 13,000 for the first time since 2008.
WSJ: For the first time, Chinese citizens are able to move yuan outside the country.
AP: Rescue efforts have stopped after a chemical plant in China suffered an explosion.
WSJ: Don’t worry, the slowdown in equipment orders is just temporary.
Related recent Blogs
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013