February 17, 2011 Headlines: China Currency Legislation, Declining Industrial Producation, Unsafe Chinese Products, and More
Senate Democrats unveil an economic plan that includes strategic investments and cracking down on China’s currency manipulation.
Industrial production and capacity utilization declined slightly last month.
Rebalancing fail: foreign direct investment in China is up a stunning 23.4%.
China rejects U.S. calls for an open internet.
David Pilling argues in the Financial Times that we should not expect the revolution in Egypt to inspire much change in China.
An audit finds that Apple’s suppliers in Asia abuse labor and safety standards.
Lead paint in toys, and now unsafe rock climbing equipment: Chinese products fail the test.
China is even ripping off the Marlboro Man: counterfeit cigarettes being shipped back to the U.S.
China continues to restrict rare earth mining and exports.
Yves Smith says that the Boeing outsourcing fiasco is probably just the tip of the iceberg.
Related recent Blogs
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013