February 14, 2013 Headlines: State of the Union follow-up, speculation on American manufacturing revival, and more...
WSJ - Marketwatch: Optimism for manufacturing rebound grows, despite very slow rates of re-shoring.
Forbes: Can Obama revive manufacturing in the United States?
CNN: State of the Union places 3-D printing in the spotlight.
Brookings Institution: Congress and the American people should embrace manufacturing hubs.
The Hill: President Obama uses SOTU address to highlight proposals for manufacturing revival.
NPR: Following SOTU, President Obama tries to build support in NC for manufacturing proposals.
Washington Post: Additional coverage of North Carolina event.
Reuters: Various businesses and centers in Ohio provide manufacturing model for the rest of the U.S.
Bloomberg: It should be easier for China to buy American companies.
CNBC: Trade talks between EU and US will be complete within two years.
NYT: President takes SOTU show on the road, while politicians from both parties express skepticism.
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014