February 14, 2013 Headlines: State of the Union follow-up, speculation on American manufacturing revival, and more...
WSJ - Marketwatch: Optimism for manufacturing rebound grows, despite very slow rates of re-shoring.
Forbes: Can Obama revive manufacturing in the United States?
CNN: State of the Union places 3-D printing in the spotlight.
Brookings Institution: Congress and the American people should embrace manufacturing hubs.
The Hill: President Obama uses SOTU address to highlight proposals for manufacturing revival.
NPR: Following SOTU, President Obama tries to build support in NC for manufacturing proposals.
Washington Post: Additional coverage of North Carolina event.
Reuters: Various businesses and centers in Ohio provide manufacturing model for the rest of the U.S.
Bloomberg: It should be easier for China to buy American companies.
CNBC: Trade talks between EU and US will be complete within two years.
NYT: President takes SOTU show on the road, while politicians from both parties express skepticism.
Related recent Blogs
- Will This Be the Week for the Highway Trust Fund? • by elizabethbb • 07/28/2014
- July 25, 2014: What We're Watching • by mmcmullan • 07/25/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- The OCTG Trade Case Heads to the International Trade Commission • by TGarland • 07/16/2014