Fashion Friday: Wool coats made in a city that hasn't seen a snowstorm since 1976.
We’ve finally gotten to that time of year…the time where one must make his or her personal fashion statements with outerwear.
Poppy von Frohlich (PvF) is here to help!
The San Francisco-based wool coat company specializes in limited editions. Every six weeks, the company posts a sample of a new coat style. The company sets a cap on how many coats it will manufacture of each design. Then the fine folks at PvF bring the sample to the local garment factory and production begins.
Poppy von Frohlich’s website reiterates the company’s commitment to locally made goods:
We manufacture all of our coats in San Francisco, Ca., in legitimate factories that provide their workers with living wages and a clean working environment.
You can see PvF’s currently-available coats here.
(Image from Poppy von Frohlich's website.)
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013