Fashion Friday: Wool coats made in a city that hasn't seen a snowstorm since 1976.
We’ve finally gotten to that time of year…the time where one must make his or her personal fashion statements with outerwear.
Poppy von Frohlich (PvF) is here to help!
The San Francisco-based wool coat company specializes in limited editions. Every six weeks, the company posts a sample of a new coat style. The company sets a cap on how many coats it will manufacture of each design. Then the fine folks at PvF bring the sample to the local garment factory and production begins.
Poppy von Frohlich’s website reiterates the company’s commitment to locally made goods:
We manufacture all of our coats in San Francisco, Ca., in legitimate factories that provide their workers with living wages and a clean working environment.
You can see PvF’s currently-available coats here.
(Image from Poppy von Frohlich's website.)
Related recent Blogs
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- August 11, 2014: Chinese Textile Manufacturing ... in the Carolinas • by mmcmullan • 08/11/2014
- Maury’s clothing line: “Made in America, without compromise.” • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014
- August 8, 2014: Maury is a close second to trade data in our book • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014
- No, Technology Isn’t an Automatic Job Killer • by elizabethbb • 08/07/2014