Fashion Friday: Wassookeag Moccasins
On the market for some quality, American-made fall shoes? Look no farther than Wassookeag Moccasins of Dexter, Maine.
All Wassookeag moccasins are hand-sewn and made to order, and are constructed from locally sourced buffalo hide, bull hide, moose hide, and cow hide leathers. And if you’re looking for moccasins to last through a cold winter (something Mainers are quite familiar with) you’re in luck - all Wassookeag shoes are available with plush deerskin lining.
Their most expensive shoes will set you back about $180, but most everything else is in the $80-$120 range, which in our opinion is a steal for such unique and high-quality shoes. We even uncovered some great bargains, such as these absolutely adorable children’s moccasins for only $19.
Related recent Blogs
- John Porcari, DOT Buy America champion, is stepping down • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- Festive sweater season is upon us ... make sure yours is Made in the U.S.A. • by LDonia • 11/22/2013
- Travel clothing is comfiest when it's Made in the U.S.A. • by LDonia • 11/08/2013
- Why Biden's visit to Ohio CSX terminal is a pretty big deal • by LDonia • 11/06/2013
- November 5, 2013: Apple's new Made in the U.S.A. commitment dwarfs Walmart's • by mmcmullan • 11/05/2013
- Hailing the Glow Cloud, in a strictly American-made way • by LDonia • 11/01/2013
- Keep warm this winter (or next week) the American-made way • by LDonia • 10/18/2013
- Oh yes: A Made in America Girl Scout project • by mmcmullan • 10/15/2013
- Keep dry with an American-made raincoat • by LDonia • 10/11/2013
- Runnin' USA: Maybe, maybe not for military recruits • by TGarland • 10/01/2013