Fashion Friday: Kevan Hall
Though designer Kevan Hall’s high-end creations are donned by the likes of celebrities such as Vanessa Williams, Salma Hayek, and even first lady Michelle Obama, Hall understands that the fashion industry’s impact extends far beyond the red carpet. As NPR recently reported:
“Hall says fashion still matters in these tough economic times because it's a huge industry nationwide, and particularly in California and New York.
"You have to think about the mills that are making fabrics. You think about ... the people that are sitting down, stitching the clothing. There's still a lot of industry and a lot of manufacturing that's done here, and it's an important part of our economy," he says.”
We like Hall’s attitude, and hope that he inspires other designers to start manufacturing their products domestically.
Related recent Blogs
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- Oregon construction group pushes for Made in America • by scapozzola • 05/14/2013
- Promise on the horizon for American solar • by mmcmullan • 05/14/2013
- May 14, 2013 Headlines: Redefining success, building Amtrak, banning Tesla, and more... • by LDonia • 05/14/2013
- New American-made locomotives unveiled. • by scapozzola • 05/13/2013
- Think Disney should make it garments in the United States? Let the company know! • by LDonia • 05/03/2013
- Members of Congress Press for "Buy America" Steel Preferences in Transportation, Defense, and Homeland Projects. • by scapozzola • 05/02/2013
- When taxpayer dollars are spent overseas... • by scapozzola • 04/30/2013