Fashion Friday: Hurricane Chic
With Hurricane Irene fast approaching the east coast, we thought we’d jump on the storm preparedness bandwagon by highlighting some American-made foul weather gear options. Though obviously we don’t advise leaving your home during the actual hurricane, it never hurts to stock up on Made in USA clothing for every weather scenario!
Keep your top half dry as a bone in this 100% windproof, waterproof, American-made rain jacket from Union House Apparel. Available in yellow or green.
Plan on spending some serious time out in the rain? Keep your entire body toasty and dry by pairing these rain bibs with the matching rain jacket above. Available in yellow and green, from Union House Apparel.
These fun, American-made women’s rain boots will help you splash through puddles in style. Stash a pair under your desk at work for unexpected rainy commutes. Available in floral or Paisley, Black, Blue, Red or Yellow.
With a waterproof rubber bottom and comfortable water-resistant leather top, these classic boots by L.L. Bean are perfect for post-storm walks around the neighborhood. Though much of L.L. Bean’s line is now manufactured overseas, their famous Bean Boots are still sewn “one pair at a time” in their Freeport, Maine factory.
This G.I. style poncho from AmericanMadeSurvival.com will keep you comfy—and camouflaged—during even the rainiest days. Great for “rain or shine” outdoor sporting events.
Do you live in an area that may be affected by Hurricane Irene? Click here to read the National Hurricane Center's hurricane preparedeness tips.
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- Oregon construction group pushes for Made in America • by scapozzola • 05/14/2013
- Promise on the horizon for American solar • by mmcmullan • 05/14/2013
- May 14, 2013 Headlines: Redefining success, building Amtrak, banning Tesla, and more... • by LDonia • 05/14/2013
- New American-made locomotives unveiled. • by scapozzola • 05/13/2013