Fashion Friday: Fleabags
We found today’s Fashion Friday brand, Fleabags, through our good friends at Save the Garment Center’s Facebook page, and we’re thrilled to have discovered them.
This eco-friendly, 100% American-made company was started by friends Shira Entis and Alex Bell, who shared a love of fleamarkets and hatred of the plastic bags they would accumulate while shopping at them.
The creative duo decided to design a practical yet stylish bag that would allow them to carry all their fleamarket finds without the need for environmentally hazardous plastic bags.
According to their website, the result was the Fleabag—a “dapper, large, lightweight and sturdy carry-all - that [is] also eco-minded.”
All Fleabags are sourced from 100% American-made components, and are “made in the USA with good old-fashioned sewing.”
Related recent Blogs
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- Oregon construction group pushes for Made in America • by scapozzola • 05/14/2013
- Promise on the horizon for American solar • by mmcmullan • 05/14/2013
- May 14, 2013 Headlines: Redefining success, building Amtrak, banning Tesla, and more... • by LDonia • 05/14/2013
- New American-made locomotives unveiled. • by scapozzola • 05/13/2013
- Think Disney should make it garments in the United States? Let the company know! • by LDonia • 05/03/2013
- Members of Congress Press for "Buy America" Steel Preferences in Transportation, Defense, and Homeland Projects. • by scapozzola • 05/02/2013
- When taxpayer dollars are spent overseas... • by scapozzola • 04/30/2013