Fashion Friday: Fleabags
We found today’s Fashion Friday brand, Fleabags, through our good friends at Save the Garment Center’s Facebook page, and we’re thrilled to have discovered them.
This eco-friendly, 100% American-made company was started by friends Shira Entis and Alex Bell, who shared a love of fleamarkets and hatred of the plastic bags they would accumulate while shopping at them.
The creative duo decided to design a practical yet stylish bag that would allow them to carry all their fleamarket finds without the need for environmentally hazardous plastic bags.
According to their website, the result was the Fleabag—a “dapper, large, lightweight and sturdy carry-all - that [is] also eco-minded.”
All Fleabags are sourced from 100% American-made components, and are “made in the USA with good old-fashioned sewing.”
Related recent Blogs
- John Porcari, DOT Buy America champion, is stepping down • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- Festive sweater season is upon us ... make sure yours is Made in the U.S.A. • by LDonia • 11/22/2013
- Travel clothing is comfiest when it's Made in the U.S.A. • by LDonia • 11/08/2013
- Why Biden's visit to Ohio CSX terminal is a pretty big deal • by LDonia • 11/06/2013
- November 5, 2013: Apple's new Made in the U.S.A. commitment dwarfs Walmart's • by mmcmullan • 11/05/2013
- Hailing the Glow Cloud, in a strictly American-made way • by LDonia • 11/01/2013
- Keep warm this winter (or next week) the American-made way • by LDonia • 10/18/2013
- Oh yes: A Made in America Girl Scout project • by mmcmullan • 10/15/2013
- Keep dry with an American-made raincoat • by LDonia • 10/11/2013
- Keep your Breaking Bad costume Made in America • by LDonia • 09/27/2013