Fashion Friday: Birdwell
As the temperature surpasses the 100-degree mark, swimming and air conditioning seem to be the only options for relief. While air conditioning requires no special apparel, those looking for American-made bathing suits can look no farther than Birdwell.
Started in 1961 by Carrie Mann, Birdwell has been family-owned and operated for four generations in Santa Ana, CA.
Birdwell makes board shorts of varying lengths and fits. The company’s website acknowledges the power of its product:
Without our seeking, distributors from France, Japan, Peru, Australia… catalog retail from everywhere. We have grown with minimum advertising, no salesmen. Just hard work, integrity, beautiful BRITCHES, and faith.
And while it’s never mentioned on Birdwell’s site, ABC News reports that the company’s swimwear was worn on “Baywatch.”
Learn more about Birdwell here.
Related recent Blogs
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- Made in Elma, New York: A special delivery from Mark Andol • by TGarland • 04/09/2014
- Rep. Tonko brings filmmakers to Washington to talk American manufacturing • by TGarland • 04/08/2014
- RADIO: Why is manufacturing important for job creation in Michigan (and the U.S.)? • by scapozzola • 04/07/2014
- Spring into warm weather with Made in USA Nail Polish • by LRaup • 04/04/2014