Fashion Friday: Birdwell
As the temperature surpasses the 100-degree mark, swimming and air conditioning seem to be the only options for relief. While air conditioning requires no special apparel, those looking for American-made bathing suits can look no farther than Birdwell.
Started in 1961 by Carrie Mann, Birdwell has been family-owned and operated for four generations in Santa Ana, CA.
Birdwell makes board shorts of varying lengths and fits. The company’s website acknowledges the power of its product:
Without our seeking, distributors from France, Japan, Peru, Australia… catalog retail from everywhere. We have grown with minimum advertising, no salesmen. Just hard work, integrity, beautiful BRITCHES, and faith.
And while it’s never mentioned on Birdwell’s site, ABC News reports that the company’s swimwear was worn on “Baywatch.”
Learn more about Birdwell here.
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014