Fashion Friday: Birdwell
As the temperature surpasses the 100-degree mark, swimming and air conditioning seem to be the only options for relief. While air conditioning requires no special apparel, those looking for American-made bathing suits can look no farther than Birdwell.
Started in 1961 by Carrie Mann, Birdwell has been family-owned and operated for four generations in Santa Ana, CA.
Birdwell makes board shorts of varying lengths and fits. The company’s website acknowledges the power of its product:
Without our seeking, distributors from France, Japan, Peru, Australia… catalog retail from everywhere. We have grown with minimum advertising, no salesmen. Just hard work, integrity, beautiful BRITCHES, and faith.
And while it’s never mentioned on Birdwell’s site, ABC News reports that the company’s swimwear was worn on “Baywatch.”
Learn more about Birdwell here.
Related recent Blogs
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013