Fashion Friday: Birdwell
As the temperature surpasses the 100-degree mark, swimming and air conditioning seem to be the only options for relief. While air conditioning requires no special apparel, those looking for American-made bathing suits can look no farther than Birdwell.
Started in 1961 by Carrie Mann, Birdwell has been family-owned and operated for four generations in Santa Ana, CA.
Birdwell makes board shorts of varying lengths and fits. The company’s website acknowledges the power of its product:
Without our seeking, distributors from France, Japan, Peru, Australia… catalog retail from everywhere. We have grown with minimum advertising, no salesmen. Just hard work, integrity, beautiful BRITCHES, and faith.
And while it’s never mentioned on Birdwell’s site, ABC News reports that the company’s swimwear was worn on “Baywatch.”
Learn more about Birdwell here.
Related recent Blogs
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014
- Yellen: Infrastructure Funding Would "Counter" Economic Headwinds • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- Let’s Build a Bridge and Fix the Highway Trust Fund • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- AAM Statement: Commerce Department Decision on South Korean OCTG Dumping. • by scapozzola • 07/11/2014