This week, Garden & Gun, a southern lifestyle magazine, announced its 2010 "Made in the South" awards. We've plucked two of their winners for this week's Fashion Friday.
Not only are these two southern manufacturers talented craftsmen, but they keep their quality products made in the USA, and hey, who doesn't love supporting small businesses?
At the highest level of production we are a small batch company, mostly making items to order. We believe in quality without compromise. We won’t cut corners to make a buck. If we can’t do it right, we won’t do it. Our goal is to create quality products that evoke the same feelings I had as a kid in my Grandpa’s shop; products made by someone who takes great pride in their work; something that your grandchildren will find broken-in for another generation of use.
Our second feature craftsman this week is Gabrielle Jewelry. Gabe produces her beautiful pieces in Charleston, South Carolina. Her jewelry "combines historical fashion with contemporary style."
Related recent Blogs
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- Oregon construction group pushes for Made in America • by scapozzola • 05/14/2013
- Promise on the horizon for American solar • by mmcmullan • 05/14/2013
- May 14, 2013 Headlines: Redefining success, building Amtrak, banning Tesla, and more... • by LDonia • 05/14/2013
- New American-made locomotives unveiled. • by scapozzola • 05/13/2013
- Think Disney should make it garments in the United States? Let the company know! • by LDonia • 05/03/2013
- Members of Congress Press for "Buy America" Steel Preferences in Transportation, Defense, and Homeland Projects. • by scapozzola • 05/02/2013
- When taxpayer dollars are spent overseas... • by scapozzola • 04/30/2013