This week, Garden & Gun, a southern lifestyle magazine, announced its 2010 "Made in the South" awards. We've plucked two of their winners for this week's Fashion Friday.
Not only are these two southern manufacturers talented craftsmen, but they keep their quality products made in the USA, and hey, who doesn't love supporting small businesses?
At the highest level of production we are a small batch company, mostly making items to order. We believe in quality without compromise. We won’t cut corners to make a buck. If we can’t do it right, we won’t do it. Our goal is to create quality products that evoke the same feelings I had as a kid in my Grandpa’s shop; products made by someone who takes great pride in their work; something that your grandchildren will find broken-in for another generation of use.
Our second feature craftsman this week is Gabrielle Jewelry. Gabe produces her beautiful pieces in Charleston, South Carolina. Her jewelry "combines historical fashion with contemporary style."
Related recent Blogs
- December 2, 2013: American-made holiday shopping • by LDonia • 12/02/2013
- Festive sweater season is upon us ... make sure yours is Made in the U.S.A. • by LDonia • 11/22/2013
- Travel clothing is comfiest when it's Made in the U.S.A. • by LDonia • 11/08/2013
- Why Biden's visit to Ohio CSX terminal is a pretty big deal • by LDonia • 11/06/2013
- November 5, 2013: Apple's new Made in the U.S.A. commitment dwarfs Walmart's • by mmcmullan • 11/05/2013
- Hailing the Glow Cloud, in a strictly American-made way • by LDonia • 11/01/2013
- Keep warm this winter (or next week) the American-made way • by LDonia • 10/18/2013
- Oh yes: A Made in America Girl Scout project • by mmcmullan • 10/15/2013
- Keep dry with an American-made raincoat • by LDonia • 10/11/2013
- October 11, 2013: the 'Yes, the government is still shut down' edition • by LDonia • 10/11/2013