EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit
Last week, the Alliance for American Manufacturing released a report on the myriad of positive effects that ending currency manipulation would create for the American economy. That report was prepared by the Economic Policy Institute (EPI). And that acronym is populated by very smart people.
While we keep a near-constant eye around these parts on currency manipulation, EPI keeps a blog too and their analysis of the issue is second-to-none. Check out this interactive graphic that shows how much projected employment gains would cut America's “jobs deficit” that’s existed since the Great Recession:
EPI Economist Doug Hall put it as such:
With more than 8 million jobs needed nationwide to return to pre-recession employment rates, moving to end currency manipulation provides a means to take a very big step towards solving the ongoing employment crisis, nationwide, and in virtually every state.
We’ll be keeping an eye out for more EPI currency content, so stay tuned. In the meantime, you can find a copy of the report here.
Related recent Blogs
- Labor Day Travel a Reminder Why We Need Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 08/29/2014
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014