EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit
Last week, the Alliance for American Manufacturing released a report on the myriad of positive effects that ending currency manipulation would create for the American economy. That report was prepared by the Economic Policy Institute (EPI). And that acronym is populated by very smart people.
While we keep a near-constant eye around these parts on currency manipulation, EPI keeps a blog too and their analysis of the issue is second-to-none. Check out this interactive graphic that shows how much projected employment gains would cut America's “jobs deficit” that’s existed since the Great Recession:
EPI Economist Doug Hall put it as such:
With more than 8 million jobs needed nationwide to return to pre-recession employment rates, moving to end currency manipulation provides a means to take a very big step towards solving the ongoing employment crisis, nationwide, and in virtually every state.
We’ll be keeping an eye out for more EPI currency content, so stay tuned. In the meantime, you can find a copy of the report here.
Related recent Blogs
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- We’re Live From Netroots Nation! • by elizabethbb • 07/17/2014