"Enough is Enough"
Posted by jeckert on 09/29/2010
"We need to tell China enough is enough," AISI President and CEO Thomas J. Gibson said in a blog post this morning. He explained that the Currency Reform for Fair Trade Act (H.R. 2378), which the House is likely to pass today, is "a crucial first step in addressing China's severely undervalued currency, which many prominent economists believe is undervalued by as much as 40 percent."Gibson also wrote:
"While some note China’s currency manipulation is just one of many trade problems the U.S. has with China, China’s currency undervaluation is the single largest government subsidy to manufacturers in China. It is and it was a major cause of the global structural imbalances that contributed significantly to the world financial meltdown and to the Great Recession of 2008-2009, which is why Congress must act."Read more.
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013