Enforcing our trade laws supports American jobs
American steel jobs are in jeopardy due to a surge of oil country tubular goods (OCTG) imports, primarily from South Korea. Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) President Scott Paul and Rob Scott of the Economic Policy Institute joined The Ed Show last night to bring that message to the national political conversation.
I’m going to be down in Lone Star, Texas on Monday. We’re going down there to say with Texans: look, no matter what party you are, you gotta believe in American jobs and support American manufacturing.
This month, 57 Democratic and Republican Senators sent a letter to the Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker urging a thorough investigation of the dumping of OCTG steel pipe in the U.S. market by South Korea.
So what happens if we don't enforce the rules? Failing to fully enforce our trade laws puts American jobs on the line and risks outsourcing the benefits of America’s energy boom. Thousands of workers will be left vulnerable.
Related recent Blogs
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- WTO Upholds Ruling Finding China Guilty in Rare Earths Export Restraints Case: Alliance for American Manufacturing statement. • by scapozzola • 08/07/2014