Element to make even more American-made TVs
Element Electronics began making TVs in the U.S. in early 2012, and remains the only company to do so to date.
Now the company is set to begin production at a new facility in South Carolina in December. The electronics company will move into the existing Perry Ellis plant in Winnsboro in December, and will bring about 500 jobs and a $7.5 million investment with it.
That's an addition to Element's American workforce. It has another facility in Detroit, Michigan that employs about 100 workers. Founder Mike O’Shaughnessy says bringing manufacturing back to the U.S. has always been a priority for his company:
Our goal has always been to produce great quality televisions at great prices. Producing them here, at home, has been our dream. As an American company, we felt a responsibility to provide employment opportunities for American workers. None of which would matter if we couldn't compete on price and quality... But we do on both counts.
Resonably priced, high quality ... Maybe it’s time for Alliance for American Manufacturing to buy another Element TV for our American-made headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013