This Easter, Keep it Made-in-the-USA
Easter Sunday is just around the corner, so we thought we’d share some of our favorite American-made Easter products and goodies that will help you—and the Easter bunny—keep it Made-in-the-USA this Sunday:
Peeps, the cute, sugary and allegedly indestructible marshmallow candies are made by Just Born Candy, a family-owned candy company that has been in business for more than eight decades. Based in Bethlehem, PA, Just Born employs more than 500 workers and makes all its products in the USA.
Eco-Eggs Coloring Kit:
An eco-friendly take on classic Easter egg coloring kits, this Made-in-the-USA coloring kit includes six dyes consisting of natural fruit and vegetable extracts. But beware—even natural dyes can still be messy, so you may want to stock up some American-made aprons before diving into this project with the kids.
Jelly Belly Jelly Beans:
No Easter is complete without jelly beans, and with 50 flavors to choose from, American-made Jelly Bellys, “The original gourmet jelly bean,” are always a crowd pleaser. Though the modern Jelly Belly wasn’t developed until the 70’s, the great-grandsons of Gustav Goelitz, who started the family business in 1869 are still carrying on the family's candy making tradition. Today, Jelly Bellys are made in Fairfield, North Chicago, Illinois, and Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin.
Made-in-USA Pre-Filled Easter Basket:
Why not help the Easter bunny out this year by directing him to this Easter basket filled entirely with made-in-the-USA products? Complete with a stuffed bunny, chocolate, jelly beans, and other American-made goodies, this basket is sure to lead to a very hoppy/happy Easter morning.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- Japan's currency moves are heating up a trade problem • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- Oregon construction group pushes for Made in America • by scapozzola • 05/14/2013