Don't mess with Texas...at least not its manufacturing sector
IndustryWeek picked up the thread in March 2013 with a feature on the Houston region. IW interviewed several of the manufacturers from the Houston region, including Farouk systems, a company that makes hair and spa products and recently re-shored jobs to Houston from a number of places in Asia.
Interested in learning more about the Houston region's manufacturing revival? Check out the IndustryWeek article.
Image by Flickr user mhawkin2, used following Creative Commons guidelines.
Related recent Blogs
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013