Don't let Congress leave without saving American Jobs
Congress has one last chance to stand up to China's cheating and save American jobs. Before your Member of Congress comes home to campaign for this November's election, tell him or her to pass China currency legislation. Here's why.
When the trade deficit goes up, that means jobs go down. A recent report by the Economic Policy Institute (EPI) shows our trade gap with China cost the U.S. 662,100 jobs between 2008 and 2011 alone, and 2.7 million jobs from 2001-2011.
Click here for an interactive map showing this job loss in each state and congressional district.
One of the principal reasons for this staggering job loss is China's deliberately undervalued currency. Recent national polling for the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) shows that 64% of voters believe that this currency manipulation has cost U.S. jobs.
It's time to ensure that American businesses and workers have a level playing field when competing with China. Before Congress finishes for the year, the House needs to pass China currency legislation.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013