Direct from Griffin, GA: American-made towels
Welcome back to the second installment in the on-going series of "Items I need to buy because mine are falling apart." I am your host, Lauren.
In our last installment, we discussed my need for a new means of transporting lunch. Today we'll discuss my current need for new bath towels. All aboard the train to TMI City!
Obviously I want my bath towels to be American-made. I did some internet research and found that among the few towels still being made in the USA are those from 1888 Mills in Griffin, Georgia. (Full disclosure: I didn't find any other Made in the U.S.A. options, but I'm optimistic that some exist and I just didn't find them.)
While many of 1888 Mills products bear the labels of other companies, the textiles the company produces for the hospitality industry are adorned with the 1888 Mills name. So be on the lookout the next time you're in a hotel!
But through a website called towels by Gus, individual consumers can purchase the 1888 Mills' Georgia-made towels from its hotel collection.
Picky about the color or fabric of your towels? Gus has you covered: You can order swatches before you make your purchase.
Image from towels by Gus website.
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014