Did you miss the "Want Jobs? Do This." hangout last month? Watch here.
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) has released an authoritative new book that examines what America must do now to be competitive in a changing global economy. Edited by award-winning journalist, author and founder of Manufacturing & Technology News Richard McCormack, “ReMaking America” is McCormack’s second edited volume on manufacturing policy for AAM. It features a series of original essays from experts representing a range of policy perspectives and professional experience. Their solutions vary, but the message is the same: American manufacturing can thrive and grow, if we make thoughtful policy changes now.
Last month, AAM hosted a Google Hangout with four of the authors of ReMaking America to discuss the blueprint for success.
Richard McCormack: Editor of Manufacturing & Technology News, examines the role that the manufacturing sector plays in the health of the U.S. economy.
Carl Pope: former Executive Director of the Sierra Club, advocates for more support for renewable energy technology innovation and explains precisely how this can be done.
Harold Meyerson: Executive Editor of the American Prospect and columnist for the Washington Post, examines how recent manufacturing gains are not being shared with American workers. He explains what unions can do to harness their power and reap the rewards of their work.
Scott Paul: President of the Alliance for American Manufacturing, calls for manufacturing policy that garners broad public support and shifts economic policy back to favoring domestic production to create an America that is truly built to last
Have more questions for our ReMaking America authors? Ask them on Facebook.
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014