Did you miss the "Want Jobs? Do This." hangout last month? Watch here.
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) has released an authoritative new book that examines what America must do now to be competitive in a changing global economy. Edited by award-winning journalist, author and founder of Manufacturing & Technology News Richard McCormack, “ReMaking America” is McCormack’s second edited volume on manufacturing policy for AAM. It features a series of original essays from experts representing a range of policy perspectives and professional experience. Their solutions vary, but the message is the same: American manufacturing can thrive and grow, if we make thoughtful policy changes now.
Last month, AAM hosted a Google Hangout with four of the authors of ReMaking America to discuss the blueprint for success.
Richard McCormack: Editor of Manufacturing & Technology News, examines the role that the manufacturing sector plays in the health of the U.S. economy.
Carl Pope: former Executive Director of the Sierra Club, advocates for more support for renewable energy technology innovation and explains precisely how this can be done.
Harold Meyerson: Executive Editor of the American Prospect and columnist for the Washington Post, examines how recent manufacturing gains are not being shared with American workers. He explains what unions can do to harness their power and reap the rewards of their work.
Scott Paul: President of the Alliance for American Manufacturing, calls for manufacturing policy that garners broad public support and shifts economic policy back to favoring domestic production to create an America that is truly built to last
Have more questions for our ReMaking America authors? Ask them on Facebook.
Related recent Blogs
- Faribault Woolen Mill Thriving in its Third Century of Business • by elizabethbb • 08/01/2014
- August 1, 2014: The Rare, Solid Manufacturing Jobs Report • by mmcmullan • 08/01/2014
- Manufacturing sector adds 28,000 jobs in July: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 08/01/2014
- New "Gigafactory" set to create thousands of jobs in the U.S. • by TGarland • 07/31/2014
- Congress Still Hasn't Made a Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by mmcmullan • 07/30/2014
- UCLA Flood: A Real Life of Example of What Happens When We Ignore Our Infrastructure • by elizabethbb • 07/30/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014