Detroit News: "Manufacturing needs more support"
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Field Coordinator Meghan McKeefry has published an excellent letter to the editor of the Detroit News.
McKeefry calls it like it is. In her letter, she says that while the budget deficit and federal spending get national media attention, there's little effort to address the U.S. trade deficit that "continues to climb to historic levels":
Our trade deficit with China continues to climb every year with no sign of letting up. We won't fix our budget deficit or our trade deficit without addressing trade with China. Plain and simple....HR 639, the Currency Reform for Fair Trade Act, would address our staggering trade deficit. Our legislators in Michigan must stand behind manufacturing and workers to hold countries accountable for cheating.
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013