Detroit News: "Manufacturing needs more support"
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Field Coordinator Meghan McKeefry has published an excellent letter to the editor of the Detroit News.
McKeefry calls it like it is. In her letter, she says that while the budget deficit and federal spending get national media attention, there's little effort to address the U.S. trade deficit that "continues to climb to historic levels":
Our trade deficit with China continues to climb every year with no sign of letting up. We won't fix our budget deficit or our trade deficit without addressing trade with China. Plain and simple....HR 639, the Currency Reform for Fair Trade Act, would address our staggering trade deficit. Our legislators in Michigan must stand behind manufacturing and workers to hold countries accountable for cheating.
Related recent Blogs
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013