Designer seeks American Manufacturer, Part 2: The "Extension Flashlight"
Jaz Martinez and Joanne Fitzgerald are two flight attendants who fly international routes for a major domestic airline.
The two say that flight attendants need to carry an "extension flashlight" to help passengers find items lost under their seats. They believe that a "more efficient tool" is needed.
They've devised a prototype telescoping flashlight that can extend approximately 26 inches, and is equipped with both a magnet tip and pocket clip:
This allows the lighted tool to do a “sweep” under a passenger's seat and retrieve cell phones, IPods, and eyeglasses. It also has a magnet on the tip so it can retrieve small metal objects that are lost.
Martinez and Fitzgerald say their goal is to find a domestic U.S. manufacturer to begin mass-producing their extension flashlight. They explain that "Made in the U.S.A. is our motto."
There is no reason why this flashlight cannot be made in the United States of America for this specific purpose and usage. Who will help us achieve this goal?
Any U.S. manufacturers who might be interested in producing this helpful tool should contact: nwtoths [at] @aol [dot] com and jojofitz [at] msn [dot] com
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013