A department store that only sells Made-in-USA goods?
ABC World News recently conducted an experiment to see if they could furnish a typical suburban American home with only Made-in-USA household products. It took some doing, but in the end they stocked the house with a wide array of American-made goods.
This "Made in America" movement continues to grow, and thankfully ABC World News' investigation shows it's possible to fully embrace the American-made effort.
Todd Scaccia, of Nassau, New York, says he is taking things a step further. He has opened Hometown USA Store, which sells only American-made products. His real goal is to become the first chain store in the country selling only "Made in USA" items.
Scaccia's 11,500-square foor store is already assembling a diverse assortment of great American products, everything from toy Slinkies and Zippo lighters, to Darn Tough socks and Texas Jeans, to Buck knives and Eppinger lures.
Scaccia wants to keep increasing his inventory, though, and is hoping that ManufactureThis readers will visit his website to contact him with more brand name suggestions.
Scaccia would like to eventually launch the first All-American-made department store, which will be located in an adjoining 29,000-square foot warehouse.
Visit Hometown USA Store to help them stock their inventory with more American-made products.
Related recent Blogs
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- Fmr. Transportaion Secretary Ray LaHood urges infrastructure investment • by TGarland • 12/02/2013
- The Computer Wore Heels: Check out "Top Secret Rosies" • by mmcmullan • 12/02/2013
- December 2, 2013: American-made holiday shopping • by LDonia • 12/02/2013
- The Veep heads to Asia, while Michigan Democrats and automakers press the "currency issue" in TPP talks • by TGarland • 11/27/2013
- G+ Hangout postponed! • by LDonia • 11/26/2013