A department store that only sells Made-in-USA goods?
ABC World News recently conducted an experiment to see if they could furnish a typical suburban American home with only Made-in-USA household products. It took some doing, but in the end they stocked the house with a wide array of American-made goods.
This "Made in America" movement continues to grow, and thankfully ABC World News' investigation shows it's possible to fully embrace the American-made effort.
Todd Scaccia, of Nassau, New York, says he is taking things a step further. He has opened Hometown USA Store, which sells only American-made products. His real goal is to become the first chain store in the country selling only "Made in USA" items.
Scaccia's 11,500-square foor store is already assembling a diverse assortment of great American products, everything from toy Slinkies and Zippo lighters, to Darn Tough socks and Texas Jeans, to Buck knives and Eppinger lures.
Scaccia wants to keep increasing his inventory, though, and is hoping that ManufactureThis readers will visit his website to contact him with more brand name suggestions.
Scaccia would like to eventually launch the first All-American-made department store, which will be located in an adjoining 29,000-square foot warehouse.
Visit Hometown USA Store to help them stock their inventory with more American-made products.
Related recent Blogs
- What good's a trade agreement if you don't enforce the on-the-books trade rules? • by mmcmullan • 03/11/2014
- A National Manufacturing Strategy could be the "be all, end all" for depressed wages • by LRaup • 03/11/2014
- A Boy Scout badge in advanced manufacturing? • by TGarland • 03/10/2014
- Donald Trump addresses CPAC crowds on key AAM issues • by LRaup • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014