A department store that only sells Made-in-USA goods?
ABC World News recently conducted an experiment to see if they could furnish a typical suburban American home with only Made-in-USA household products. It took some doing, but in the end they stocked the house with a wide array of American-made goods.
This "Made in America" movement continues to grow, and thankfully ABC World News' investigation shows it's possible to fully embrace the American-made effort.
Todd Scaccia, of Nassau, New York, says he is taking things a step further. He has opened Hometown USA Store, which sells only American-made products. His real goal is to become the first chain store in the country selling only "Made in USA" items.
Scaccia's 11,500-square foor store is already assembling a diverse assortment of great American products, everything from toy Slinkies and Zippo lighters, to Darn Tough socks and Texas Jeans, to Buck knives and Eppinger lures.
Scaccia wants to keep increasing his inventory, though, and is hoping that ManufactureThis readers will visit his website to contact him with more brand name suggestions.
Scaccia would like to eventually launch the first All-American-made department store, which will be located in an adjoining 29,000-square foot warehouse.
Visit Hometown USA Store to help them stock their inventory with more American-made products.
Related recent Blogs
- New "Gigafactory" set to create thousands of jobs in the U.S. • by TGarland • 07/31/2014
- Congress Still Hasn't Made a Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by mmcmullan • 07/30/2014
- UCLA Flood: A Real Life of Example of What Happens When We Ignore Our Infrastructure • by elizabethbb • 07/30/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014