Department of Justice indictment: AAM stakeholders hacked by Chinese military.
On Monday, the U.S. Department of Justice indicted members of the Chinese military for cyber espionage against five U.S. corporations and a labor organization.
Three of the hacked organizations were stakeholders in the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM): U.S. Steel, Allegheny Technologies, and the United Steelworkers.
Commented AAM President Scott Paul:
"If anyone needed evidence that China has declared a trade war on us, here it is.
"For more than a decade, China has sought the capability to wage a 'digital Pearl Harbor' on America. Now we know one of the core elements of the plan: criminal attacks on American businesses and workers. And this is only the tip of the iceberg.
"While it’s unlikely Chinese officials will ever be brought to trial in America, Congress can and should take steps to deter China’s ability and willingness to intimidate and undermine American businesses and workers who dare to push back against the Beijing regime and its state-run economy.
"No one knows for sure the precise damage these attacks have caused to profits, jobs, and the steep decline we have seen in manufacturing over the past decade, but I’m willing to bet that these cybercrimes played a starring role."
Click here to read the full indictment by the Department of Justice.
Related recent Blogs
- More Exports Are Nice, but Let’s Not Forget about Surging Imports • by elizabethbb • 09/02/2014
- Budweiser Made in America Festival Lives Up to Its Name • by TGarland • 09/02/2014
- Labor Day Travel a Reminder Why We Need Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 08/29/2014
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014