December 8, 2011 Headlines: Unemployment Applications Down, New Free Trade Deals, China's Debt, and More
NYT: The government is holding back entrepreneurs in China.
AP: Weekly unemployment applications fell to a 9-month low.
The Hill: The House will hold hearings next week on the Trans-Pacific trade pact.
Time: How Obama saved the Auto industry.
WaPo: The challenges facing the green car initiatives.
WSJ: The Chinese solar industry is fueled by excessive debt.
WSJ: A fight over the Payroll Tax extension is brewing on Capitol Hill.
NYT: American and Chinese military leaders are meeting for an annual review of major issues.
Ezra Klein: There’s no good way for the Eurozone to get out of this mess.
WSJ: Not like we’ve seen this problem before: As wages stagnate, consumers take on more debt to up their spending.
WSJ: Does the Doha round need to be revisited, with an emphasis on China?
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013