December 7, 2012 Headlines: Much ado about Apple
New York Times: Despite Apple's decision, a manufacturing renaissance may not happen.
Slate: Too late to worry about China audits.
New York Times: Consequences of not compromising with China firms could be dire.
Bloomberg: China's state-subsidized businesses rebounding more quickly than small firms.
Coverage of Apple's announcement:
Wall St. Journal: Does Apple's decision to bring manufacturing to U.S. indicate the start of a trend?
Wall St. Journal: How will Apple's decision play economically?
Forbes: Speculation on why Apple will start manufacturing some products in the U.S.
Related recent Blogs
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014
- Yellen: Infrastructure Funding Would "Counter" Economic Headwinds • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- Let’s Build a Bridge and Fix the Highway Trust Fund • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- July 14, 2014: Commerce gets its OCTG ruling RIGHT! • by mmcmullan • 07/14/2014
- AAM Statement: Commerce Department Decision on South Korean OCTG Dumping. • by scapozzola • 07/11/2014
- Cleveland Rocks — And So Does This Clothing Manufacturer • by elizabethbb • 07/11/2014