December 7, 2012 Headlines: Much ado about Apple
New York Times: Despite Apple's decision, a manufacturing renaissance may not happen.
Slate: Too late to worry about China audits.
New York Times: Consequences of not compromising with China firms could be dire.
Bloomberg: China's state-subsidized businesses rebounding more quickly than small firms.
Coverage of Apple's announcement:
Wall St. Journal: Does Apple's decision to bring manufacturing to U.S. indicate the start of a trend?
Wall St. Journal: How will Apple's decision play economically?
Forbes: Speculation on why Apple will start manufacturing some products in the U.S.
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014