December 7, 2012 Headlines: Much ado about Apple
New York Times: Despite Apple's decision, a manufacturing renaissance may not happen.
Slate: Too late to worry about China audits.
New York Times: Consequences of not compromising with China firms could be dire.
Bloomberg: China's state-subsidized businesses rebounding more quickly than small firms.
Coverage of Apple's announcement:
Wall St. Journal: Does Apple's decision to bring manufacturing to U.S. indicate the start of a trend?
Wall St. Journal: How will Apple's decision play economically?
Forbes: Speculation on why Apple will start manufacturing some products in the U.S.
Related recent Blogs
- Faribault Woolen Mill Thriving in its Third Century of Business • by elizabethbb • 08/01/2014
- August 1, 2014: The Rare, Solid Manufacturing Jobs Report • by mmcmullan • 08/01/2014
- Manufacturing sector adds 28,000 jobs in July: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 08/01/2014
- New "Gigafactory" set to create thousands of jobs in the U.S. • by TGarland • 07/31/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Will This Be the Week for the Highway Trust Fund? • by elizabethbb • 07/28/2014
- July 25, 2014: What We're Watching • by mmcmullan • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014