December 7, 2012 Headlines: Much ado about Apple
New York Times: Despite Apple's decision, a manufacturing renaissance may not happen.
Slate: Too late to worry about China audits.
New York Times: Consequences of not compromising with China firms could be dire.
Bloomberg: China's state-subsidized businesses rebounding more quickly than small firms.
Coverage of Apple's announcement:
Wall St. Journal: Does Apple's decision to bring manufacturing to U.S. indicate the start of a trend?
Wall St. Journal: How will Apple's decision play economically?
Forbes: Speculation on why Apple will start manufacturing some products in the U.S.
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013