December 6, 2012 headlines: Apple confirms investment in American manufacturing, and more...
New York Times: Apple confirms it will invest $100 million in American manufacturing of computers next year.
Shopfloor: American manufacturing added 4,000 jobs in October.
Washington Post: U.S. factory orders increased modestly in October.
New York Times: Walmart official blocked safety efforts at now burned-down Bangladesh garment factory.
Bloomberg: Law firm encourages U.S. and Chinese regulators to find compromise in effort to avoid Chinese firms from leaving U.S. markets.
Washington Post: Battery maker, which received millions in stimulus funds, to be auctioned off, possibly to Chinese company.
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014