December 6, 2012 headlines: Apple confirms investment in American manufacturing, and more...
New York Times: Apple confirms it will invest $100 million in American manufacturing of computers next year.
Shopfloor: American manufacturing added 4,000 jobs in October.
Washington Post: U.S. factory orders increased modestly in October.
New York Times: Walmart official blocked safety efforts at now burned-down Bangladesh garment factory.
Bloomberg: Law firm encourages U.S. and Chinese regulators to find compromise in effort to avoid Chinese firms from leaving U.S. markets.
Washington Post: Battery maker, which received millions in stimulus funds, to be auctioned off, possibly to Chinese company.
Related recent Blogs
- New "Gigafactory" set to create thousands of jobs in the U.S. • by TGarland • 07/31/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Will This Be the Week for the Highway Trust Fund? • by elizabethbb • 07/28/2014
- July 25, 2014: What We're Watching • by mmcmullan • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014