December 6, 2011 Headlines: China's Pollution, Shoes from Wisconsin, Euro Crisis Spreads, and More
AP: The Allen Edmonds Shoe Corp. will be selling in China, while continuing to make all their shoes in Wisconsin.
NYT: China is fighting for first place in the tech world.
The Hill: Seasonal employment is looking to be the best in three years.
WSJ: China’s “fog” lies are being called out as smog by microbloggers.
NPR: A two-part article on the origins of the Euro crisis.
AP: The fallout from Europe is adding strains to Chinese banks.
WSJ: November’s growth in the service sector fell .9%, barely at the level of expansion.
Naked Capitalism: The end of the global business cycle?
WSJ: The bursting of the Chinese real estate bubble has created several ghost towns in the Gobi Desert.
NYT: According to China’s largest television network, journalists should be government mouthpieces, not independent investigators.
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013