December 6, 2011 Headlines: China's Pollution, Shoes from Wisconsin, Euro Crisis Spreads, and More
AP: The Allen Edmonds Shoe Corp. will be selling in China, while continuing to make all their shoes in Wisconsin.
NYT: China is fighting for first place in the tech world.
The Hill: Seasonal employment is looking to be the best in three years.
WSJ: China’s “fog” lies are being called out as smog by microbloggers.
NPR: A two-part article on the origins of the Euro crisis.
AP: The fallout from Europe is adding strains to Chinese banks.
WSJ: November’s growth in the service sector fell .9%, barely at the level of expansion.
Naked Capitalism: The end of the global business cycle?
WSJ: The bursting of the Chinese real estate bubble has created several ghost towns in the Gobi Desert.
NYT: According to China’s largest television network, journalists should be government mouthpieces, not independent investigators.
Related recent Blogs
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013