December 5, 2012 Headlines: garment factory fire in China, plane manufacturing in Florida, and more.
AP via Manufacturing.net: Man who started garment factory fire in China, killing 14, angry about unpaid wages.
CNBC: Within 5 years, India will be second-most competitive manufacturing destination, following China.
Huffington Post: Chicago's Re-building Exchange makes consumer products from materials heading for landfills.
Orlando Business Journal: Italian plane maker setting up manufacturing facility in Florida.
Living Green Magazine: A look at Green Manufacturing - in infographic form.
Reuters via WSJ: Expert says 80% chance Chinese companies will exit U.S. stock exchanges en masse.
Washington Post: U.S. Senate considers bill to normalize trade with Russia.
Related recent Blogs
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014
- Yellen: Infrastructure Funding Would "Counter" Economic Headwinds • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- Let’s Build a Bridge and Fix the Highway Trust Fund • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- July 14, 2014: Commerce gets its OCTG ruling RIGHT! • by mmcmullan • 07/14/2014