December 5, 2012 Headlines: garment factory fire in China, plane manufacturing in Florida, and more.
AP via Manufacturing.net: Man who started garment factory fire in China, killing 14, angry about unpaid wages.
CNBC: Within 5 years, India will be second-most competitive manufacturing destination, following China.
Huffington Post: Chicago's Re-building Exchange makes consumer products from materials heading for landfills.
Orlando Business Journal: Italian plane maker setting up manufacturing facility in Florida.
Living Green Magazine: A look at Green Manufacturing - in infographic form.
Reuters via WSJ: Expert says 80% chance Chinese companies will exit U.S. stock exchanges en masse.
Washington Post: U.S. Senate considers bill to normalize trade with Russia.
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014