December 22, 2011 Headlines: False Dawn for the Economy, Hondas Made in China, Wukan Update, and More
NYT: Is the economy truly rising, or is this a false dawn?
AP: The economy grew slower in the summer than initially thought.
NYT: Hondas Made in China are now being sold in North America.
WaPo: As European banks begin cutting back lending, American exporters prepare to face the new reality.
HuffPo: Dave Johnson on restoring our “Industrial Commons”.
WSJ: A resolution in Wukan, one that actually listens to the protesters.
Bonddad: Making the case for a manufacturing comeback.
WSJ: Which is the biggest China story of 2011?
NPR: Two million construction jobs disappeared in the past five years, and only about half will ever come back.
Ezra Klein: The year in charts.
WSJ: Charting the Euro crisis.
Related recent Blogs
- Quote Of The Day: "It's time the administration stiffened its spine" on trade issues • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- April 22, 2014: Currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- April 18, 2014: Another miss from Treasury on currency manipulation • by mmcmullan • 04/18/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- Made in Elma, New York: A special delivery from Mark Andol • by TGarland • 04/09/2014