December 22, 2011 Headlines: False Dawn for the Economy, Hondas Made in China, Wukan Update, and More
NYT: Is the economy truly rising, or is this a false dawn?
AP: The economy grew slower in the summer than initially thought.
NYT: Hondas Made in China are now being sold in North America.
WaPo: As European banks begin cutting back lending, American exporters prepare to face the new reality.
HuffPo: Dave Johnson on restoring our “Industrial Commons”.
WSJ: A resolution in Wukan, one that actually listens to the protesters.
Bonddad: Making the case for a manufacturing comeback.
WSJ: Which is the biggest China story of 2011?
NPR: Two million construction jobs disappeared in the past five years, and only about half will ever come back.
Ezra Klein: The year in charts.
WSJ: Charting the Euro crisis.
Related recent Blogs
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014
- Yellen: Infrastructure Funding Would "Counter" Economic Headwinds • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- Let’s Build a Bridge and Fix the Highway Trust Fund • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- July 14, 2014: Commerce gets its OCTG ruling RIGHT! • by mmcmullan • 07/14/2014
- AAM Statement: Commerce Department Decision on South Korean OCTG Dumping. • by scapozzola • 07/11/2014
- Cleveland Rocks — And So Does This Clothing Manufacturer • by elizabethbb • 07/11/2014