December 21, 2011 Headlines: Wukan Protest Update, China and the New North Korea, Payroll Tax Fight, and More
NYT: Protesters in Wukan win a major meeting with Communist Party officials.
WSJ: Hackers from China are now targeting the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
NYT: China is moving swiftly to ensure an orderly transition in North Korea. And expand her own influence as well.
WSJ: State tax revenues slowed in 2011.
The Hill: The House defeated an extension of the payroll tax cut.
Ezra Klein: In-depth analysis of the fight over the payroll tax cut.
WaPo: Clean energy and transit tax credits are also on the chopping block, alongside the payroll tax cut.
AP: China criticizes actor Christian Bale for trying to visit blind human rights activist Chen Guangcheng.
WSJ: Honda is looking to move factories from Japan to North America over the next two years.
Related recent Blogs
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013