December 13, 2011 Headlines: Detroit Sees Growth, President's Manufacturing Initiative, China's Slowing Economy, and More
Detroit Free Press: The Big Three all saw a gain in market share in 2011.
The Hill: President Obama has named two people to head up an initiative to rebuild the manufacturing sector. Hopefully this is more than just window dressing.
WaPo: China’s economy could face a hard landing.
Matt Yglesias: Manufacturing jobs vs. food prep. See if you can spot the errors.
WSJ: Despite widespread international outrage, the Chinese government is still not cracking down on software piracy.
The Hill: The U.S. Trade Representative is reopening the case into the E.U.’s illegal subsidies of Airbus.
Paul Krugman: The dollar and inflation.
WSJ: CFOs see slow growth in 2012.
The Guardian: A Chinese protester dies of a “heart attack” in police custody, and his family isn’t buying the story.
AP: Chinese military influence is expanding in the Indian Ocean.
Related recent Blogs
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- August 11, 2014: Chinese Textile Manufacturing ... in the Carolinas • by mmcmullan • 08/11/2014
- Maury’s clothing line: “Made in America, without compromise.” • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014
- August 8, 2014: Maury is a close second to trade data in our book • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014
- WTO Upholds Ruling Finding China Guilty in Rare Earths Export Restraints Case: Alliance for American Manufacturing statement. • by scapozzola • 08/07/2014