December 13, 2011 Headlines: Detroit Sees Growth, President's Manufacturing Initiative, China's Slowing Economy, and More
Detroit Free Press: The Big Three all saw a gain in market share in 2011.
The Hill: President Obama has named two people to head up an initiative to rebuild the manufacturing sector. Hopefully this is more than just window dressing.
WaPo: China’s economy could face a hard landing.
Matt Yglesias: Manufacturing jobs vs. food prep. See if you can spot the errors.
WSJ: Despite widespread international outrage, the Chinese government is still not cracking down on software piracy.
The Hill: The U.S. Trade Representative is reopening the case into the E.U.’s illegal subsidies of Airbus.
Paul Krugman: The dollar and inflation.
WSJ: CFOs see slow growth in 2012.
The Guardian: A Chinese protester dies of a “heart attack” in police custody, and his family isn’t buying the story.
AP: Chinese military influence is expanding in the Indian Ocean.
Related recent Blogs
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013