December 12, 2012 Headlines: China's U.S. shopping spree, and more...
CNBC: Will 'Right-to-work' states attract more manufacturing?
NRDC: Whirpool a case study in using energy efficiency to create jobs.
Forbes: Low-wage manufacturing jobs are detrimental to individuals, and society, why not let them leave?
CNN: Chinese firms spent over $10 billion purchasing U.S. companies this year.
New York Times: Slowing global demand blamed for U.S. trade deficit increase.
Bloomberg: China will subsidize 100 solar projects.
WSJ: Data on China labor paints uncertain picture.
Washington Post: Report due soon on U.S. / E.U. trade deal.
Related recent Blogs
- A look at apparel manufacturing on the anniversary of the Bangladeshi factory disaster • by mmcmullan • 04/24/2014
- April 22, 2014: Currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- April 18, 2014: Another miss from Treasury on currency manipulation • by mmcmullan • 04/18/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- Made in Elma, New York: A special delivery from Mark Andol • by TGarland • 04/09/2014