December 12, 2011 Headlines: US-China Trade Relationship, GOP Debate, Disappearing Middle Class, and More
FT: Op-ed by Michael Wessel on the U.S.-China trade relationship.
NYT: Coverage of Saturday’s GOP debate.
WaPo: A common theme in this cycle’s campaign ads: Images of manufacturing jobs.
EV: New census data sheds light on the disappearing middle class.
NYT: Another sign of China’s expanding influence: The Pac-12 is trying to play some games in China.
WSJ: Beijing’s air quality is a “crisis”.
NPR: Germany’s continued success is dependent on a strong market across the rest of Europe.
Ezra Klein: Despite falling numbers, the real unemployment rate remains unacceptably high.
NYT: China’s spies are catching up to the United States.
WSJ: China’s telecommunications company Huawei is scaling back business with Iran.
The Hill: President Obama says that voters have “reason to be impatient” with the economy.
WSJ: Apparently we’ve learned nothing from the past three years: the financial sector’s share of GDP continues to grow.
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013