December 1, 2011 Headlines: China's Manufacturing Slowdown, Jobless Claims Up, and More
AP: China’s economy is weakening faster than anticipated, dragged down by a slowing manufacturing sector.
WSJ: More coverage on the slowdown of China’s manufacturing jobs.
WaPo: Gary Locke, Ambassador to China, is a celebrity there.
NYT: With the fear of inflation passing, China’s central bankers look to implement pro-growth policies.
Big Picture: Initial Jobless Claims are back over 400,000 last week.
WSJ: Private hiring is up.
MIT News: The White House hosted a summit at MIT on how to improve manufacturing jobs.
Related recent Blogs
- A look at apparel manufacturing on the anniversary of the Bangladeshi factory disaster • by mmcmullan • 04/24/2014
- What's funding the military buildup in China? • by TGarland • 04/23/2014
- Quote Of The Day: "It's time the administration stiffened its spine" on trade issues • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- April 22, 2014: Currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- April 18, 2014: Another miss from Treasury on currency manipulation • by mmcmullan • 04/18/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014