Could your firm be the U.S. manufacturer of the week?
The Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP), a program of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) at the Department of Commerce, is launching a “Make It In America” Campaign.
In touting the benefits that manufacturing provides for the U.S. economy, MEP sounds a lot like the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM):
The manufacturing sector produces $1.6 trillion of value each year for our economy, or 11.2 percent of our GDP. The U.S. Bureau of Statistics reports that nearly 9 percent of the country’s workforce, or 12 million Americans, are directly employed in the manufacturing field. Our industry plays a vital role in the global economy as well. The United Nations – Statistics Division states that the U.S. is the world’s largest manufacturing economy, producing 21 percent of globally manufactured projects.
In order to highlight the importance of U.S. manufacturing and "showcase the contributions of manufacturers nationwide," MEP will be selecting U.S. firms to be a "Featured Manufacturer."
Related recent Blogs
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- December 3, 2013: One number shows a #MFG uptick. Does that mean more #MFG jobs? • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- Fmr. Transportaion Secretary Ray LaHood urges infrastructure investment • by TGarland • 12/02/2013
- The Computer Wore Heels: Check out "Top Secret Rosies" • by mmcmullan • 12/02/2013