Could made in America be on Michelle Obama's agenda?
Friend of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM), Tracy Sefl, spoke with Newsweek writer Michelle Cottle last week about the first lady's agenda for the next four years.
Sefl suggested Mrs. Obama could shed a light on American clothing manufacturers.
The first lady should leverage her status as 'iconic fashionista' to champion this nation’s apparel industry, says Democratic strategist and former Hillary-for-president aide Tracy Sefl. 'She could help advance President Obama’s stated goal to create 1 million new American manufacturing jobs.' Sefl contends, 'The apparel sector is growing but needs concerted help in the face of global challenges.'
If the first lady is looking for new or different American-made garments, she could check out the Alliance for American Manufacturing's (AAM) Fashion Friday blog.
Read more here.
Related recent Blogs
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- We’re Live From Netroots Nation! • by elizabethbb • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014
- The OCTG Trade Case Heads to the International Trade Commission • by TGarland • 07/16/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014
- Yellen: Infrastructure Funding Would "Counter" Economic Headwinds • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014