Conyers, GA; Gilsum, NH; Cape Cod, MA; Myrtle Beach, SC; Morehead, KY; Tuscumbia, AL - A day at the beach
Posted by LDonia on 08/09/2012
While we may be closer to the end of summer than the beginning, there’s still plenty of time for a trip to the beach.
Here’s a quick guide to keeping your fun in the sun "Made in America."
- Transport your snacks in a cooler from Conyers, GA-based Softcoolers. They promise a lifetime warranty on their American-made coolers.
- Protect your skin with Badger sunscreen made in Gilsum, NH. The sunscreen is certified organic and in 2010 was named, by the Environmental Working Group, as among the best sunscreens.
- Get comfortable in a beach chair from the Cape Cod Beach Chair Company, which manufactures its chairs in, you guessed it, Cape Cod, MA.
- Make it shady wherever you are with a beach umbrella from Myrtle Beach, SC-based Lack’s Outdoor Furniture. And, if Myrtle Beach happens to be where you are, you can take a tour of Lack’s factory and see the umbrellas being manufactured.
- Dry off with a beach towel from American Apparel, which are made in Morehead, KY.
- And finally, stow all your stuff in an American-made beach bag from Tuscumbia, AL-based Carter & Co.
Photos courtesy of each company's website.
Related recent Blogs
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- August 11, 2014: Chinese Textile Manufacturing ... in the Carolinas • by mmcmullan • 08/11/2014
- Maury’s clothing line: “Made in America, without compromise.” • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014