Conyers, GA; Gilsum, NH; Cape Cod, MA; Myrtle Beach, SC; Morehead, KY; Tuscumbia, AL - A day at the beach
Posted by LDonia on 08/09/2012
While we may be closer to the end of summer than the beginning, there’s still plenty of time for a trip to the beach.
Here’s a quick guide to keeping your fun in the sun "Made in America."
- Transport your snacks in a cooler from Conyers, GA-based Softcoolers. They promise a lifetime warranty on their American-made coolers.
- Protect your skin with Badger sunscreen made in Gilsum, NH. The sunscreen is certified organic and in 2010 was named, by the Environmental Working Group, as among the best sunscreens.
- Get comfortable in a beach chair from the Cape Cod Beach Chair Company, which manufactures its chairs in, you guessed it, Cape Cod, MA.
- Make it shady wherever you are with a beach umbrella from Myrtle Beach, SC-based Lack’s Outdoor Furniture. And, if Myrtle Beach happens to be where you are, you can take a tour of Lack’s factory and see the umbrellas being manufactured.
- Dry off with a beach towel from American Apparel, which are made in Morehead, KY.
- And finally, stow all your stuff in an American-made beach bag from Tuscumbia, AL-based Carter & Co.
Photos courtesy of each company's website.
Related recent Blogs
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- December 3, 2013: One number shows a #MFG uptick. Does that mean more #MFG jobs? • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- The Computer Wore Heels: Check out "Top Secret Rosies" • by mmcmullan • 12/02/2013
- December 2, 2013: American-made holiday shopping • by LDonia • 12/02/2013
- 51 American-made holiday gifts from around the country • by LDonia • 11/27/2013