Continuing efforts to save U.S. jobs in the auto parts sector
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) attended the Indiana State Alliance for Retired Americans (ARA) convention in Indianapolis on May 24.
Speakers included: National ARA President Barbara Easterling, Indiana State AFL-CIO President Nancy Guyott, U.S. Congressman Andre Carson (D-IN), and Gubernatorial candidate John Gregg (D-IN).
Rep. Carson is one of a bipartisan group of 188 U.S. Senators and Members of Congress who sent a letter to President Obama in March to express “serious concern” about China’s massive subsidies and policies to unfairly support its auto parts sector.
The letter encouraged the President to “use all existing authority under the law to preserve and protect U.S. production and jobs” in America's auto parts chain. Click here for a list of signers.
AAM has been conducting an ongoing awareness-raising campaign to urge support for U.S. auto parts jobs. At the ARA covention, AAM Field Coordinators Michael Mitchell and Rachel Bennett Steury spoke to attendees about the auto parts campaign and asked them to sign postcards to their elected officials.
PICTURED ABOVE: AAM's Michael Mitchell, U.S. Rep. Andre Carson, AAM's Rachel Bennett Steury.
Related recent Blogs
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013