Congresswoman tours local businesses to see products made in her district
This week, Speier did more than write -- she traveled around her district (California’s 12th, which includes parts of San Francisco and San Mateo) and visited with local manufacturers.
Writing for the San Francisco Chronicle, T.L. Viens spoke with Speier during her visits:
The congresswoman said she aims to 'find ways to incentivize companies to bring manufacturing back [to America.]' She said the best way to create jobs is to, '[buy] products being built by your neighbor, by a kid who just graduated from college. We need to see ‘Made in America’ more.'
Read more here.
Photo from Congresswoman Speier’s Twitter page.
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica AAM Staff Selections: Spirit Hoods • by LDonia • 12/12/2013
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- John Porcari, DOT Buy America champion, is stepping down • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013