Congratulations to Noel Davis as he launches a wind turbine assembly plant in Indiana
ManufactureThis has previously reported on the story of Noel Davis, a retired Navy officer who has been looking to build a wind turbine components plant in Indiana. Well, we have some good news-- Davis' firm, Vela Gear Systems LLC, will be building a manufacturing plant in Marion, Indiana that is projected to create 163 new jobs by 2013.
Vela Gear, which was founded by Davis and several other veterans of the gear making industry in the U.S., will be among the only U.S. manufacturers of large scale gears for wind turbine assemblies. Davis says that Indiana is an ideal location for the company "due to the high-skilled workforce, and a central location close to a variety of North American customers."
Related recent Blogs
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013