Concerns about Chinese steel grating
A 2010 investigation into Chinese steel grating imports conducted by the U.S. Department of Commerce has found that China’s largest producer of steel grating products, Ningbo Jiulong Machinery Manufacturing Co. Ltd., falsified documents regarding the chemical composition of its products.
During the investigation, Ningbo Jiulong admitted that it was unsure of the properties of the steel used in its grating. The company also stated that it had forged information in its mill test certificates.
Steel grating is used in everything from manufacturing and factory flooring and walkways, catwalks, subway and pedestrian walkways, and fire escape platforms.
Related recent Blogs
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013