Concerns about Chinese steel grating
A 2010 investigation into Chinese steel grating imports conducted by the U.S. Department of Commerce has found that China’s largest producer of steel grating products, Ningbo Jiulong Machinery Manufacturing Co. Ltd., falsified documents regarding the chemical composition of its products.
During the investigation, Ningbo Jiulong admitted that it was unsure of the properties of the steel used in its grating. The company also stated that it had forged information in its mill test certificates.
Steel grating is used in everything from manufacturing and factory flooring and walkways, catwalks, subway and pedestrian walkways, and fire escape platforms.
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- Fmr. Transportaion Secretary Ray LaHood urges infrastructure investment • by TGarland • 12/02/2013