Concerns about Chinese steel grating
A 2010 investigation into Chinese steel grating imports conducted by the U.S. Department of Commerce has found that China’s largest producer of steel grating products, Ningbo Jiulong Machinery Manufacturing Co. Ltd., falsified documents regarding the chemical composition of its products.
During the investigation, Ningbo Jiulong admitted that it was unsure of the properties of the steel used in its grating. The company also stated that it had forged information in its mill test certificates.
Steel grating is used in everything from manufacturing and factory flooring and walkways, catwalks, subway and pedestrian walkways, and fire escape platforms.
Related recent Blogs
- Maine State Senate Passes Buy American Legislation • by scapozzola • 06/19/2013
- Generally favorable manufacturing survey for New York state • by scapozzola • 06/18/2013
- President Obama talks about China on Charlie Rose. • by scapozzola • 06/18/2013
- Checking-in from manufacturing conferences in Wisconsin • by LDonia • 06/17/2013
- Make the right choice for your pet -- buy American-made • by TGarland • 06/17/2013
- A Discussion on the Obama-Xi Summit • by TGarland • 06/13/2013
- Chart of the Day: A tough three months for America's manufacturing sector • by LDonia • 06/13/2013
- Manufacturing employment will level off, says report • by mmcmullan • 06/12/2013
- The Relationship Between the U.S. and China • by TGarland • 06/12/2013
- Could U.S. tech manufacturing see a mini-rebound? • by LDonia • 06/11/2013