Chrysler's new compact car: The Dodge Dart
Made in America: A new compact car from Chrysler.
The first production version of the 2013 Dodge Dart compact car has rolled off of the assembly line at at Chrysler's Belvidere, Illinois assembly plant.
U.S. autoworkers are proud of the new compact car, the first for Chysler since 1995. USA Today's Chris Woodyard quotes plant manager Kurt Kavajecz as saying, "I've never been in a plant that I feel is more trained and ready than (the) workforce that we have out there today."
The Dart, which goes on sale in June, represents a key moment for Chrysler since it emerged from Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2009.
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- Washington State Bridge Collapse Illustrates Perils of Failing Infrastructure. • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013